Thank you for your interest in DAS Foundation.
As the protection and security of your data are one of our top priorities, we wish to inform you which of the data you provide us with when you visit the www.dasfoundation.md website we collect, process and use, as well as how we use it.
We collect, process and use personal data from our site visitors to improve the usability, effectiveness, and security of our website and thus provide our site visitors with the best experience. We also collect, process and use the information you send via contact forms to process requests for information or when you subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, Use Live Chat or enter information on our site, register visitors to events, training sessions or contests, and for other purposes you might have. When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. When you submit your information, you consent to DAS Foundation using such information as described herein.
Purpose of data collection
We collect, process and store your data to be able to process your request. We may use the information we collect from you when you register, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding latest news, events.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
Part of the data is collected to ensure the proper functioning of the website. Other data can be used to analyze how visitors use the site.
We apply the highest level of security when lawfully and fairly collecting, storing and processing adequate, relevant and not excessive personal data.
We collect and process data automatically (through technology) every time you visit our website and both automatically and manually, every time you provide data via our contact forms. We process the data you send to us via the contact forms manually.
- Information provided by you that we may collect, processes and use
DAS Foundation does not collect any personal data (personally identifiable information) from you without your knowledge or permission and does not ask you to provide such information to access and use this website. By personal data, we mean all the information relating to an identified or identifiable website visitor.
When you provide data via this website or directly via email or phone, we collect, process and use only the personal data you send, and necessary information we need to communicate with you on your inquiries or applications via this website.
If you contact us via the contact form, you consent to having DAS Foundation collect and process the following data:
- Your full name, email address and phone number
- The reason for your inquiry
When you submit an inquiry via the contact form, you also consent to having DAS Foundation representatives contact you via email or phone.
If you register or apply for an event, training or contest through our website or via email, you consent to having DAS Foundation collect, process personal data. This data might include but is not limited to:
- Your name, email address and phone number
- Your city of residence
- Your years of experience in a field
- The source of your visit – how you found us
- The reason of your inquiry
- Your affiliation – the name of the organization/institution/association you are part of
- A message you willingly and knowingly send to us
- Your CV
When you register or apply for an event, training or contest through our website, you also consent to having DAS Foundation representatives contact you via email or phone.
As you navigate through the website, certain non-personal information may be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information). DAS Foundation may collect information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. This is statistical data about our website visitors’ equipment, browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. We use temporary cookies (also known as session cookies) and permanent cookies (also known as persistent cookies). Temporary cookies are stored in your browser for the entire time of your visit on our website and are deleted when you leave. Permanent cookies are those tiny text files that remain in your browser even after you leave our website unless you delete them yourself.
If you don’t want DAS Foundation to collect your non-personal information via cookies, you can prevent the acceptance of new cookies in your browser. You can find in the browser’s Help menu information on how to set your browser to notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies completely.
For technical reasons, the internet browser needs to automatically transmit data to our web server when you visit our website. This data is automatically collected and stored by us or third parties on our behalf. This data might include and is not limited to:
- Your IP address
- The date and time of your visit to our website
- Types of websites you visit
- The URL of the page you visited before (if you accessed our website from a referral source),
- Information about the device and browser you are using (browser type, version, operating system, device type, screen resolution, etc.)
All this information is aggregated and analyzed anonymously to improve the experience of using this website. We have ensured with technical and organizational measures that our external service providers follow the rules of data protection and treat this detail with the utmost care.
DAS Foundation limits the personal data it processes to information we can use to identify you personally (name, address, phone number, email) so that we can communicate with you.
Data Storage at DAS Foundation
We will be storing your personal data for 10 years, ensuring adequate data protection and security for your personal data through this entire period.
To avoid automatic decisions on how your personal data is handled we process it both manually and automatically, with computer software. This means machines cannot make assumptions on what you have given consent for. In addition, we take strict security measures to prevent your personal data from leaking outside the countries in which we operate.
Data transfer to third parties
All details collected throughout the website might be sent via email to the relevant department at DAS Foundation. When we share your data with collaborators, we do so to achieve the purpose for which you provided us with the data, such as responding to your request.
The data you provide via our contact forms through this website or via email is shared directly with third parties only if we are legally required to do, such as in case of law enforcement or security. We will never share or sell your data to gain advantage or profit.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include third-party links on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
In accordance with the European Union legislation concerning the collection and processing of personal data, you have the following rights:
- To request us to rectify or erase your personal data or restrict our processing of your personal data or object to such processing.
- To request from DAS Foundation copies of your personal data undergoing processing. If you make the request by electronic means and unless you request otherwise, we shall provide the information in a commonly used electronic form.
- To not be the subject of a decision based exclusively on automatic data processing.
- To not have your personal data transferred to third-party countries.
- To obtain from DAS Foundation restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- you contest the accuracy of the personal data we processed, for a period that would enable us to verify the accuracy of your personal data;
- the processing is unlawful, and you oppose the erasure of your personal data and request the restriction of its use instead;
- DAS Foundation no longer needs your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you require us to keep it for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- To file a complaint against DAS Foundation at the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing and before the competent courts of law if you believe that we have not handled your personal data according to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) requirements.
In short, you can ask us to share with you, adjust, delete or keep the information we have about you for more than 10 years, or file a complaint against DAS Foundation if you believe we have not met all the requirements imposed by law when processing your personal data.
You can withdraw at any time your consent to have your personal information processed and stored by DAS Foundation by sending us a consent withdrawal at email@example.com
Protecting your information is one of our primary concern. The information that we collect is stored on secure servers. We take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information.